Forum > General Corrado chat > Sick Corrado

This topic counts 1 page 1
camz camz from United Kingdom (South-England) posted @ 21 October 2006 14:39:21
Database Noobie

2 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0 16V

Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out with my sick rado....
Its a 93 2.016V 9A Rado.

Had trouble with it the other night on the way home...
It was drivin lovely, until it just died on me, lost all power completly, just like it ran out of petrol. Started it up and it ticked over correctly, then started to die again, only way to keep it running is to hold the throttle wide open, if I let the throttle off then it loses all power and barely ticks over, then if I full throttle it, it takes ages to pick up. I just about managed to get it home!

My mate had a look at it this afternoon, who has exactly the same problem on his Audi Coupe, 2.3 10V, both have KE-Jetronic fuel injection. The only difference in what happens to each car is that the Audi runs fine when its warm.

Any ideas?? My mate has thought that it could be lambda sensor, as can't see a TPS or Air Mass Meter to detect whats happening. Does KE-Jet use the lambda sensor to detect whats happening in the engine, to meter fuel? Or is he barking up the worng tree??

Thanks for any help you can give, its really winding me up!!

Jakemeister Jakemeister from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 21 October 2006 16:36:17
Database Addict

713 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

have you checked all the fuses and relais? sounds like a problem that I had with my Corrado, i solved it by replacing relais nr. 30 (cpu), and replaced some cables for better grounding (mass??) this was on a G60 though...

60% of the time it works all the time.
-- Brian Fantana

camz camz from United Kingdom (South-England) posted @ 22 October 2006 01:31:04
Database Noobie

2 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0 16V

thanx 4 reply....

That could be the 1! makes sense coz it woz raining heavy(big puddles)! nice 1.

Also had bad knockin on gear stick and rattlin noises, though they have gone 2day 4 sum od reason it is a worrie. coz i cant c they r related. did u ave dis prob?

Jakemeister Jakemeister from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 22 October 2006 13:39:43
Database Addict

713 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

nope, didn't hear any weird noises, just the engine problems.

60% of the time it works all the time.
-- Brian Fantana

This topic counts 1 page 1