Forum > General Corrado chat > i have big problem and your my last hope.

This topic counts 1 page 1
lc5u lc5u from U.S.A. (Ohio) posted @ 22 June 2007 19:08:27
Database Noobie

25 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

hi... 1: i have VR6 2.9 engine and its starting to make a noise that sounds like a hammers from inside of it its so loud,,what would it be and how can i fix it,its making the car so noisy and not fast.
2: i had a crack in my front window and i had to replace the hole thing so the guy puts the cilicon in a bad way that made the air come in from front,after a month it got worst and i found out cuase i could feel the air coming in from out side,so i fixed it my self allover but still when i drive over 100 i hear air sound like the window is down but its not,any idea to make the car quiet and silet,,i dont wanna hear any thing from out side,that is my wish paleaaaaaaaaaSe..
regards LC5U member

Corrado 4 eva

DeMeert DeMeert from Belgium (Vlaams-Brabant) posted @ 22 June 2007 20:59:05
Database Noobie

45 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.0i 16V
1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.8 VR6 SLC

what i should do is:

with the engine, go to a VW dealer, and let them have a look, they normally can tell u what's wrong.

and for the noise; was there any guarantee on the new window? otherwise, let them seal everything again. so let them take the window out again, clean everything up, and place the wondow for the second time.

thats what i should do.
Maarten

lc5u lc5u from U.S.A. (Ohio) posted @ 23 June 2007 14:13:06
Database Noobie

25 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

thank you marten for the reply but i allready went to a VW dealer and told that the engine must be opened,,but my friend once its opened its never gonna be the same anymore,it wont run good,i know.

and about the noise also i replaced every thing my self carefully no mistakes but now the noise comes from somewhere i dont know where man,,its gonna freak me to death dude.

Corrado 4 eva

Bozo Bozo from Netherlands (Groningen) posted @ 24 June 2007 00:19:48
Database Professional

283 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

did u replace the waterpump ?
it wil make a nois like pebbles in ur engine when it is worn out
u could let the engine run and listen with a screwdriver where the sound comes from

lc5u lc5u from U.S.A. (Ohio) posted @ 25 June 2007 12:19:19
Database Noobie

25 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

water pump works fine but i removed the thirmo's,, ill do as you say thou...

thanks

Corrado 4 eva

This topic counts 1 page 1