Forum > General Corrado chat > Confusion on BBS wheels

This topic counts 1 page 1
Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 8 April 2008 09:02:13
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Hi there Corrado-freaks

I started a new topic because i found some 6,5x15'' 4x100 BBS wheels of a Corrado G60 ('91 US model) and i'm thinking of buying them to use as winter and everyday wheels to my C.
There is however a confusion to me regarding several BBS type wheels and would love some info to sort things out

1) With what type (ex. RA, RZ etc.) of BBS wheels was the Corrado sold? All models.

2) With which type BBS wheels were other VW models fitted?

3) Were the BBS RS (3PC) wheels an option for the Corrado through the VW dealers around the world? I'm asking this because as i was browsing the net i found an old Corrado advertising (German) and it was showing some dealers options of the time and there was BBS RS wheels there.

4) Other car brands (ex. BMW) with which type BBS wheels? Just to know what and where to look for ! (For example: The BMW E30 with what type BBS wheels was it fitted?)

Finally:
5) Correct me if i'm wrong:
- BBS RZ = single piece rim with BBS centre cap - 6,5x15'' et33 4x100 (G60)
- BBS RA = single piece rim without BBS centre cap - size, width, offset and which Corrado or general VW model?
- BBS RM = 2 piece rim with BBS centre cap - size, widht, offset and which Corrado or general VW model?
- BBS RS = 3 piece rim with BBS centre cap - which Corrado or general VW model?

Would love some photos also along with all the help
Thank you in advance guys

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 10 April 2008 11:25:40
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Anyone??? Some help?

Dirty Sanchez Dirty Sanchez from Germany (Sachsen) posted @ 11 April 2008 20:06:13
Database Noobie

1 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado R32 Turbo 4Motion

1) The Corrado was only available with 1 or 2 pieced BBS. Called RM(2pcd)

2) Huh a lot...depends on bolt pattern, diameter, size...

3) Some BBS RS was sold via the VAG dealership. For example the legendary BBS RS 301 was a teamwork of BBS and VW Motorsport.

4) Yes, a lot of BMWs was equipped with BBS wheels. But the old E30 is the only one you can use the rims from cause of the 4*100 bolt pattern.

5)
-No, the BBS RZ was available with different designs and sizes. But everytime single pieced!

-No, the BBS RZ was available with different designs and sizes.
But everytime single pieced! Not a typical Corrado wheel.

-BBS RMs are 2 pieced 4*100 6,5x15 33mm offset and available with Passat 35i, Golf MK2 and Corrado.

- BBS RS = not generally 3 pieced! But the classy BBS RS-Design was produced since the big success of the 3pieced BBS Motorsport rims with an very similar design. First rim was the BBS E30/50!
Almost possible on every manufacturer of cars. Even for Toyota, Chevrolet and Jaguar!

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 12 April 2008 13:06:36
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Cheers for the reply and help 'Dirty Sanchez' You seem to know a lot about anything concerning the Corrado

I think i'll buy the set of 15'' BBS RM (single pc) that i found from a Corrado G60 (except if i find the RM in 2pc - which is really difficult here in the small market of Cyprus) !!!

Thanks man

C-BBS C-BBS from Netherlands (Gelderland) posted @ 12 April 2008 20:06:59
Database Semi-Pro

138 Topic posts
Private message

well..

My rims are for sale too..
see the pics on my database!

Best regards,

Support all Dutch troops in the world.

carpoid carpoid from Australia (New South Wales) posted @ 13 April 2008 01:55:09
Database Noobie

10 Topic posts
Private message

1992 Corrado 1.8 G60

BBS RZ's were standard on the Corrado G60, they are single piece, 6.5 x 15 ET33 4x100.
BBS RM's are 2 piece, were standard on the Golf G60 edition one, and offered as an option on the G60, they 6.5 x 15 et33 4x100.
ALL BBS RS are 3 piece. The only ones that are a direct fit to the Corrado are, BBS RS001's they are 7x15 ET25 4x100
BBS RS003's they are 7x16 ET25 4x100, i have set on mine.
BBS RS301's they are 7.5x17 ET33 5x100.

All of the above have the correct Centre Bore.

BBS RA's do not fit a G60, they are standard on a Mk2 Golf GTI 16V, which has smaller brakes than the Corrado G60.

Hope that helps

Matt

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 13 April 2008 08:53:12
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

@ SdlFlo : Wish i could buy a set from abroad, but that's really difficult 'cause the transopration cost will be to high for my budget

@ carpoid: That's great information man!!! Thanks a lot That really help me sort things out Btw, yesterday i visited your australia VW (watercooled) site which i have to say is fantastic Thanks again Matt!!!

carpoid carpoid from Australia (New South Wales) posted @ 13 April 2008 10:20:50
Database Noobie

10 Topic posts
Private message

1992 Corrado 1.8 G60

No problem mate, glad you liked the site. I was thinking yours was a G60 when i wrote that, so the RA's would fit your valver too.
Rm's and RZ's look alot nicer though. Keep your eyes peeled on eBay for some, postage costs are not as bad as you might think!!! Ebay.de is good for BBS but german language could be a problem!!

This topic counts 1 page 1