Forum > General Corrado chat > G60 running problem

This topic counts 1 page 1
Hessu Hessu from Finland (Central Finland) posted @ 5 November 2008 20:29:36
Database Noobie

2 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 1.8 G60

first i want to apologize my engilsh that could be hard to understand..

my buddy have an g60 rado and it has a little running problem..

after start it runs well for a while when engine is cold.. when engine gets warm problem starts..

the problem is next:

it idle just fine for a 15-30 seconds and then it starts to run very hardly and black smoke starts to coming out of the exhaust.. we shut the engine down and started it again and same thing happens.. then we start to check all the electric connections from the engine and noticed that, when we pulled the connector out of the blue water temp sensor the problem was gone and car starts to run well.. then we put the connector back in place and problem came back in 5 second.. on my own car that connector disconnecting kills the engine running, wich is normal.. both cars have almost the same specs on engine tuning..

then we tested for my buddys car how it runs in drive.. and it plays perfectly..
why that car works how it is working now?

sorry if text is hard to understand, but i hope u can help me and my buddy

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 6 November 2008 12:21:14
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32

Please help this guy with your knowledge people

92cg60 92cg60 from U.S.A. (Washington) posted @ 9 November 2008 11:15:57
Database Noobie

2 Topic posts
Private message

1992 Corrado 1.8 G60

Try disconnecting harness from blue cts and plugging into the black one (same kind of sensor but used for signal to gauge cluster) Any difference? If I read your discription right could also be the O2 sensor.. check connection, brittle wires, good ground is a must, etc. Hope this helps

This topic counts 1 page 1