This topic counts 1 page 1
Corrblue Corrblue from Estonia (Tartu County) posted @ 27 April 2009 12:45:49
Database Noobie

11 Topic posts
Private message

1991 Corrado 2.8 VR6 SLC

Hey! Can someone give me instruction how to install turbo on my vr corrado!
Where I must start ? what is the first step!

Thanks everyone!

WARNING!
To avoid possible breathing problems caused by rapid acceleration of this Corrado,all females are advised to remove any tight fitting clothes

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 27 April 2009 17:35:49
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

First step would be locating a custom turbo inlet manifold, there are many "of the shelf" turbo kits availabe nowadays for the VR6's

Nod Nod from United Kingdom (East-England) posted @ 27 April 2009 20:04:37
Database Amateur

73 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Turbo

where abouts are these off the shelf turbos?? probly better to just go the supercharged route, i believe its more reliable??? anyone disagree???

LOVING THE VR6 SOUND DAILY

jeffrey.g60 jeffrey.g60 from Netherlands (Zuid-Holland) posted @ 27 April 2009 20:22:07
Database Noobie

46 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 1.8 G60

a friend of my build a vr6 turbo all by himself.
ile ask for the website where he has ordered the whole set its ser fore a vw mkIII and also for corrado vr6 .
if you have the set your all done the price was 2000 euro icl the turbo.
assembly is verry simple the only thing is you must rewright your chip .
srry for the bad english .
ile will post a link for you when your intrested

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 27 April 2009 20:22:31
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

That's a myth...Turbo conversions are equally "reliable" if u don't turn up the boost too much and first rebuilt the block well, using the correct for the application and quality parts

Supercharger conversion though is less money, less power and more "civilized" and smooth delivered power (no turbo lag etc)

How much hp do you want to go (approximately) and how much budged do you have? A mildy tuned VR6 Turbo can easily (and "reliable") make 260hp, where a supercharged version around 220-230hp (flywheel/brakes not wheels power)

Nod Nod from United Kingdom (East-England) posted @ 27 April 2009 21:15:11
Database Amateur

73 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6

well for

Corrblue Corrblue from Estonia (Tartu County) posted @ 27 April 2009 22:52:14
Database Noobie

11 Topic posts
Private message

1991 Corrado 2.8 VR6 SLC

Thanks to yo all for answers! well , im just wanted to know more about installing turbo on Vr6 motor . I think that turbo sound and power = lots of fun .
I will do it i think quality parts,not aftermarket parts.Because aftermarket parts maybe doesent fit also. Its quite hard work i think.
maybe someone can show me a project by step by step. As I understand This project cost lots of euros.
Some one know that how big turbo fitted on vr6 ?

maybe supercharged version is a little easyer than turbo installing. Lets discuss more!
Sorry my english is bad also.

WARNING!
To avoid possible breathing problems caused by rapid acceleration of this Corrado,all females are advised to remove any tight fitting clothes

jeffrey.g60 jeffrey.g60 from Netherlands (Zuid-Holland) posted @ 27 April 2009 23:15:41
Database Noobie

46 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 1.8 G60

0.5 bar turbo presure should give you 250 hp with no engine damige at all ife you handele it with care!
270 280 bhp is to much for a vr6 engine with orginal conecting rods .
i helped my friend with the building and we are informed by a close friend of my .
and he has build a few turbo kits on vr6 engine,s and if you set the boost adjuster at 0.5 barr evrything,s gonna be alright no probbs at all.
the only shitty work is to build the intercooler in the front !
we have worked a full day on the intercooler buth thath was a mkIII.
hope thath the corrado has more space good luck my friend

jeffrey.g60 jeffrey.g60 from Netherlands (Zuid-Holland) posted @ 27 April 2009 23:16:48
Database Noobie

46 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 1.8 G60

ile send you some photo,s of the kit and the instaling of the turbo greetz from holland

Corrblue Corrblue from Estonia (Tartu County) posted @ 28 April 2009 08:23:29
Database Noobie

11 Topic posts
Private message

1991 Corrado 2.8 VR6 SLC

Thanks for answer!

That 0.5 bar looks quite a nice pressure for a vr6.
I think that , i intall cooler in front bumper.there is lots of space.
but can you send me link, where i can see step by step work. Thanks !

WARNING!

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 29 April 2009 10:53:05
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

There is absolutely no space to fit a front mount intercooler to a Corrado, except if you decide to use an aftermarket front bumper (bodykit)

0,5 bar boost is very reliable for a Turbo VR6 but i would recommend even then to ugrade some engine parts (pistons, rods, etc)

Nod Nod from United Kingdom (East-England) posted @ 29 April 2009 13:30:16
Database Amateur

73 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6

think he/she has a bodykit front bumper Nick anyway..

Still, i would say if you dont know a lot (or do a hell of a lot of research) on turbos and vr turbos i would go down the superchrager route.. Or if you have someone else who can help you with it thats fine!! bolting on a supercharger is easy, you could do it on your front drive in a day, you would want the ecu sorting out though but its so much easier for a good power gain, no modifying your bumper

you can find so many more people on forums with superchargers, more technical support avaliable!! They are happy with the reliablilty and power gains, should work out cheaper to...

But im still interested in this debate, its quite an old one and i havent seen enough peoples views on it and could be completely wrong...???

Bluepower Bluepower from Netherlands (Utrecht) posted @ 29 April 2009 20:01:50
Database Noobie

35 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 20VT

"There is absolutely no space to fit a front mount intercooler to a Corrado, except if you decide to use an aftermarket front bumper (bodykit)"

sorry, but that's bullshit..
The Golf G60 intercooler fits perfectly in the Corrado front!!

this is my Corrado with the Golf G60 intercooler sitting perfectly in the front:
http://www.corrado-database.nl/index.php?item=view_corrado&id=865

Nod Nod from United Kingdom (East-England) posted @ 29 April 2009 20:17:59
Database Amateur

73 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6

is the golf g60 intercooler a good choice?? alternatives??

Bluepower Bluepower from Netherlands (Utrecht) posted @ 29 April 2009 20:23:23
Database Noobie

35 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 20VT

Golf G60 is an excellent choice, considering the fact that it fits perfectly in the front lower beam behind the radiator.
Also the in- and outlet are nicely fitted, so you can direct your boostpipes from the turbo by the right side of the engine to the intercooler, and then from the left side(looking from inside the car) to the throttle body( you have to use a short manifold for the vr6, my 20vt already has the TB in the perfect place).

Hibvr6 Hibvr6 from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 30 April 2009 06:31:47
Database Amateur

65 Topic posts
Private message

"is the golf g60 intercooler a good choice?? alternatives??"
yes there is 50x600x300 in a org. front!!! And is better than a G60 front cooler.
I wil sent you a foto from my Corrado VR6T.

Greetz from Holland

Corrado VR6 GT30R (376 BHP) turbo, LC5M, full leather RECARO seats, BBS RS 301.

Corrblue Corrblue from Estonia (Tartu County) posted @ 30 April 2009 08:25:56
Database Noobie

11 Topic posts
Private message

1991 Corrado 2.8 VR6 SLC

Thanks ya all for the answers! I just want to nkow about more ,then there is the forum right place i think.
Firstly i have to do some plan , and then i can collect any wanted parts.And materials too .

Pictures are very helpful and interesting to see progress to progress.

And HibVr6 Thanks for the pictures. When i see , that is your cooler is not so big, then i think i will in one day put that cooler quie a same way. I have a some few questions .

Do u make any modifications in your motor? Rods , pistons ?
Can i put there any type of turbo? is some volvo or audi turbo fitted nicely? Thanks and dont beat me in face !

WARNING!

Hibvr6 Hibvr6 from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 30 April 2009 13:51:29
Database Amateur

65 Topic posts
Private message

My intercooler not so big?? 50x600x300? it's a big cooler and up too 500 BHP!!
A few modifications; bigger headgasket new bearings and in the future rods and piston normal steel headgasket 9:1 and 490 BHP
I don't know if a turbo from a volvo or audi good is for een turbo set. I bought a GT30R (good for 550 BHP) with a ATP turbo manifold.
And it fits perfectly.
And if you should have foto's you can just ask me.

Greetz Hibvr6(T)

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 1 May 2009 13:10:24
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

"sorry, but that's bullshit..
The Golf G60 intercooler fits perfectly in the Corrado front!!

this is my Corrado with the Golf G60 intercooler sitting perfectly in the front:
http://www.corrado-database.nl/index.php?item=view_corrado&id=865"

The bullshit comment was not nice at all...You have a bodykit in those photo anyways so that why it fits...If you want to retain the oe Corrado front bumper and fit a FMIC then u have no other choice instead of modyfying the inside of the bumper a bit (some cutting of the metals has to be done). The only exception is the Rallye FMIC

Nod Nod from United Kingdom (East-England) posted @ 1 May 2009 14:09:41
Database Amateur

73 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6

supercharger fits to hahaha

Hibvr6 Hibvr6 from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 2 May 2009 08:03:26
Database Amateur

65 Topic posts
Private message

A radiator G60, 8V or 16V is smaller than VR6
When you get a G60 front intercooler you do need a radiator of a G60.
I think it's not good for a VR6 the engine need more cooling then a G60, when you fit a smaller G60 radiator the engine gets too hot. With a turbo the engine gets hotter and will not cooling down.
And also a vr6 has two cooling fins G60 one....

Costs G60 front intercooler + radiator + fin ~ 300-400 euro's (if you can find one set)
After market intercooler 150 euro(fits original front and bumper without adaptation) 50mm x 600mm x 300mm and a 60mm tube connection.
Works for me fine.
There is een turbo setup for ~2500 euro good for 325 BHP (0,8-0,9 bar)
Including sofware (costom), headgasket, 440cc inj, turbo, intercooler,
ATP turbo manifold. (yes it's in Holland, not a option for you i think )

A supercharger fits and you don't need a intercooler thats a option.
I will send you more pictures.

Greetz Hibvr6(T)

This topic counts 1 page 1